Unfortunately, there is no update regarding extending existing EI benefit weeks on regular or sickness claim. All EI claims are still processed according to the existing criteria. The only alternative we know is the Canada Emergency Response Benefits (CERB), however there is no concrete criteria announced yet. We would strongly suggest you to register your My Service Canada Account or your Canada Revenu Agency account first to ensure you have proper access to file your CERB.

Please note that our blogsite is not affiliated with the government. We are only able to answer general EI questions. You must contact EI call centre for any claim specific questions.