Would you vote for the Liberal government if Justin Trudeau stays as Liberal party leader?

Please be advised that this site is not affiliated with the Service Canada office.
It was created to provide general EI information only.


My Service Canada Account (MSCA)

Once you have applied your EI benefits and have received your Access Code letter by mail, you can register your EI online account called My Service Canada Account (MSCA). There are 2 ways to register. Either through your online banking profile (aka Sign-In Partners) or username registration (GC Key). The registration system will ask you to create several security questions. It takes about 10-20 min to complete your registration. MSCA allows your to:

1) Print your electronic ROE and T4E
2) Change/modify direct deposit banking information
3) Update your home address and telephone number
4) View your current and past EI claim information
5) Complete EI E-form questionnaire (e. g. going outside of Canada, attending school, etc)
6) View your CPP contribution information (Statement of Contribution)
7) Complete EI questionnaires
8) Subscribe to EI claim update alert (Alert ME)
9) Appoint a representative to speak on your behalf for your CPP/OAS file
10) Upload Medical certificate, proof of authorization to work in Canada (Work permit), ROE or pay stubs, etc
11) Sign up to Self-employed special EI benefits. 

Visit Canada.ca to create your My Service Canada Account


My Service Canada Account  – GC Key Registration Instruction

If you need to register for My Service Canada Account (MSCA) with GCKey. Please make sure to read and understand the below steps before you start your registration. Once you are ready, click the Start now button at the bottom of the page.

A GCKey is a unique electronic credential issued by the Government of Canada for use with online Government services. To use GCKey to access MSCA you must:

Register your GCKey account

If you do not have a GCKey, you must sign up for one as part of your MSCA registration with GCKey. If you have forgotten an existing GCKey user ID you will need to create a new one.

Verify your identity

Once you have registered and signed in with GCKey, you will be presented with 2 options to help verify your identity:

Use Verified.Me Recommended

The Verified.Me option will allow you to register for MSCA in a quicker and safer way. To help verify your identity using this option, you must use your online banking information. You must consent that your financial institution will share basic personal information with Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). The participating financial institutions are:

      1. BMO
      2. CIBC
      3. Desjardins
      4. RBC
      5. Scotiabank
      6. TD

We suggest claimants to use this real-time identity verification since it will help you access MSCA features right away. For more information, please refer to our Help verify your identity using Verified.Me page.

Use a personal access code (PAC)

PACs are used to help verify your identity. You need it to register for MSCA with GCKey. To verify your identity using this option, you must ensure you have received your PAC before registering for MSCA. You will need to enter your PAC when creating your MSCA profile.


How to request a Personal Access Code for EI?

By Mail: You can request a PAC online and receive it by mail within 5 to 10 business days. You will need:

  • your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • your parent’s family name at birth
  • your postal code if you are a Canadian resident or your country of residence if you are a foreign resident

In-Person at local Service Canada centres: Before visiting, you need to submit a Service Canada’s online service request form. A Service Canada agent will contact you within 2 business days for your appointment time. You will need:

  • your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • your parent’s family name at birth
  • your postal code if you are a Canadian resident or your country of residence if you are a foreign resident
  • a valid (not expired) acceptable proof of identity, such as:
    • Canadian passport
    • certification of Canadian citizenship
    • certification of Indian status
    • certificate of registration of birth abroad
    • driver’s license (provincial or territorial)
    • health card
    • permanent resident card
    • provincial identification card